Being an artist means ceasing to take seriously that very serious person we are when we are not an artist. Jose Ortega y Gasset





.














-

16 February 2009

Loosing control 'n' Against medi(c)ation

What did I

get myself into?


. . . Left palm, four left

digits, left

thumb, left me

blunt against banister


I'm absolutely not


Did I really end

up down here

under the Manhattan

just for this?




That's just it;

there is no remainder

enjoined to divert

if a plan takes

grip straight thru


you – as if a person


as if even if a person

merely freight, hedging


me (me) – when

it's cold outside





I never get to see

landmarks cosmo-policed

parody of touch;

no Queen's

every anything


willing to be argued

against, reasoned

with, ill-entangled

or resorted-to for meaning –

But steady. . . frays not,





rusts and crumbles not,

yet: these cables, bilevel decks, bedrock


Too-well ensured

integrity of whole

deny spontaneous

drive to disassemble?


If: not pancaked

nor gang-raped

otherwise intimidated

or ever made-eye-contact-with


then: this shore



bear no semblance to

'York' or we just not

that kind of city anymore


I can

not probably be

– ever have been –

here, now




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000168 EndHTML:0000011687 StartFragment:0000000591 EndFragment:0000011670




How do you know. . .

how may you be

so certain?


entertain bliss

for a moment

or ignore us


imagine for just

imagine: anything

could come to an end


how can I risk, not doubt

that 'nothing' last forever?

that this is all that is

or need be





Pray – hold to

hold back your 'finish'


shiver, or grey

or cast in what is owned




I know, I know

seeming ≈ clutching-to


so moments appear fleeting

irreducible

too being a loss mourned


You could be, newbie

a lot less apt

to grasp the strangeness


of a sudden

nearing neck


yet instantly you know-

Bitch, it's me!




get over your demand

that what's here bestowed


is so precious as to

summon allegiance

reiteration, or study


defense of

very core is necessary but

we remain aimless, bound

scrawled like a visitor

onto Finity's wake. . .





. . .expectations of invitees

or else!: B.Y.O.


P.S.S. F.B.I.


U.S.A.W.O.L.


C.I.A.I.D.S.


L.S.D.N.A.



(O R U- O! AREN'T U


A ZOMBIE TOO?!