Being an artist means ceasing to take seriously that very serious person we are when we are not an artist. Jose Ortega y Gasset





.














-

02 January 2013

Sequence for ailing and repetitious



No need for spoil, you are not made unclean by me -

I have not yet, and needs must not for everyone's sake,

returned to hustling;


I can only imagine how nauseating

is such necessity

to all for whose towers even gargoyling is no luxury-



---



I prefer burning stock

if I have to be in New York


never setting still

burgeoning sun or letting

you get to me


never knowing if I'm known-







---







I tell you this heart to heart

the best part of living is falling apart







---







Lover, love is an awful thing

if you wish it had never been

we might as well take the dive


before tomorrow passes by-you'll never know

I'll never feel: fantasy we wished

forged to real/coerced confession prance

regrets not worth remembering-


the whole is dank as an oil spill

lips' pitch blood as ink, so far gone

for good, forth steal







---







No need to wretch, straining towards revolver;

yu are not made unclean by this kiss, understanding, or dismissing:


I have not once-and needs must not for all man's weal-

woken to hustle of day, signified might; I can only imagine


how nauseating is such discrepancy

to those for whom going hungry is just another luxury-